Most of us will agree that a woman’s hair is her crowning glory .
Our hair contributes a lot on how we look. Since hair is very valuable to every woman, it is also very important that every woman knows how to take care of it.
The care of your hair, depends on the kind of hair type you have.
- Always try to find the most suitable hair products for yourself.
Most think that all shampoos are the same, but this is not true. When you are looking for a shampoo or a conditioner, always make sure that it is suitable for your hair type. If you have an oily hair, choose a hair product that is designed for that particular type of hair. The same goes for dry or normal type of hair. That’s why it is very important that you are familiar with your own hair type and structure of it.
- Avoid styling your hair while it is still wet.
Your hair will break easily that way. It is not recommended that you use a hot blow dryer or any kind of styling tool at this time. Wait for your hair to dry by itself, and then you are good to go with styling. Try using a tooth comb, and always comb your hair from the bottom part of your hair and work your way up.
- Avoid too much shampooing.
Shampooing can clean your hair and scalp of course, but if you do it frequently, like every day, it can also wash away the natural oil of your hair, leaving your hair dull and dry. How frequent should you shampoo depends of your lifestyle, and your type of hair. You can choose to do it twice a week, thrice a week, depends on your needs.
- Over time, there are just things that we often take for granted, things that could bring permanent damage to our hair. Exposure to chlorinated water, for example is one thing that you should be aware of that could damage your hair. So, wear a cap when you go swimming, or wet your hair before diving into the pool. This will allow lesser penetration of the chlorinated water into your hair. Chlorine is one of the culprits in making your hair dry and dull.
- Your hair is basically protein, so a proper diet and having balanced amount of proteins can increase the growth of your hair. So, eat healthy. There are also certain foods and Vitamins that have great effect on our hair, along with our body and skin. Those are : Vitamin A, C, Fruits, green vegetables like spinach and broccoli, fish, legumes ,whole grains and lean proteins of course. Exercise, proper rest and sleep will also lead to growth of hair. A lot of stress may lead to problems with hair.
- And finally, it is recommended to maintain the condition of your hair and its style by trimming it approximately every six weeks. Every hair is prone to spit ends. That is why you should regularly go and cut your hair, even the last inch of your long hair ,that you want to keep it that way.
Hope that this article was helpful for you .