When it comes to making a good first impression, well kept fingernails rank very highly. Poorly kept nails are almost
immediately noticed and can impact a person’s image and the all important first assessment when meeting someone for the first time.
Many people love to show their personality through nail art, by choosing a wide variety of designs and colours in order to let their individuality shine through. Taking care of your nails is essential because you need to keep your nails strong and healthy.
It is true that our nails tend to get weak, all of the time, but don’t worry ! Following these ten easy tips, you can always have amazing nails .
- Your nails need the necessary nutrients, to grow healthy. Diet determines the health of your nails. Opting for healthier foods can boost its health. If your daily diet consists of junk food, your nails will become so weak that they will be prone to breakage, as a result of that. Staying well hydrated keeps ones nails healthy too, so drink plenty of water!
- Moisturising your nails will keep them healthy. You could use a hand lotion, but if you really want to go organic, try applying olive oil on your nails. Olive oil is well known moisturiser. It will keep your nails moisturised, and prevent them from dehydration.
- Extensive periods in water can dry out the fingernails, and make them brittle. So, always wear rubber gloves if your hands are going to be immersed in water for any length of time. Use rubber gloves, while you do hand dish washing, or any kind of home work .
- Do not use your nails during activities where it might cause them to break. For example, try to use tools instead of your nail fingers for opening can of pop.
- Do not over manicure your cuticles. Over – grooming the cuticle damages the cuticle and causes it to thicken and overgrow. Also, it causes your nails to become weak. If you are a manicure junkie, try to limit it to at least once a week.
- Give your cuticles more attention. Dry cuticles tend to lead to hang nails. Keep them moisturizes and well pampered. Keep them healthy, by soaking them in white vinegar for five minutes. Vinegar not only keeps your cuticles in tip top shape, it also helps polish adhere to your nails better.
- Always cut your nails straight across. This method prevents you from having ingrown nails. Try to keep the shape of your fingernails oval, not pointed, thus making the nails less susceptible to breakage..
- To provide a protective shield, always apply colourless nail polish or a nail strengthener to the tip of the nails.
- If fingernail biting is a problem, setting up a good nail care system can do much to conquer the habit. Those who have the nail biting habit often neglect their hands and give up on them altogether. As a first step, using a fingernail biting deterrent such as a bitter tasting coating which is applied to the nails and can help. Patiences is needed while nails grow out to eliminate the effects of mistreatment. Investing in quality fingernail care products as part of an overall nail care system will gradually help an individual take pride in having attractive hands.
- The definition of healthy nail is that they should not be spotting curved, smooth and should not have any ridges or hollows. Choosing a colour for your polish that makes them attractive is also good to question.. Try to use the best product for nail care and follow these tips, and you definitely get the best results.