There are millions of people at the moment, that are facing acne problems. There are different types of acne, and different levels of the problem. Almost everyone has faced a problem with those annoying little blighters on our face, either during puberty, adolescence, or during a mid crises. We could all agree on one thing: No one likes them!
The first and most important thing you should do, while be face with this problem is – Visit a dermatologist. The doctor will take a look at you and will tell you what caused the acne, and what type they are and how to prevent them .
Depending of the severity level of the acne and your age, here we can provide you with home care treatments and tips for helping to eradicate those spots and the disappearing process become easier.
The most common thing that affects our skin and makes acne appear is stress, hormones, hygiene, shaving and unfortunately cosmetics..
Firstly, here are some things that you certainly must consider avoiding, while facing acne.
Number one threat :
Stress. It is very common that your way of living and the stress you incur on a daily basis will reflect on the look of your skin. Your physical condition has a huge influence on the health of your skin.
You could avoid stress which we know is impossible in today’s hetic lifestyle, but by using some of these ideas it may help a small bit, Look to try relaxing techniques, such as Yoga, Tai Chi, deep meditation and breathing, avoiding caffeine, exercising, or including hormone balancing food in your diet.
Number two threat:
Acid- Forming foods. Those are: Diary products ,such as milk, cheese, cream, yoghurt, Cooked and Refined Carbohydrates, such as flour, bread, rice, chips, sugar, Cooked and fried Fats and Meat. All of the mentioned food groups cause your digestive systems to become sluggish and not work how it should. Avoid this threat by consuming more alkaline-forming foods- such as fresh vegetables and fruit, nuts and seeds.
Number three threat:
Dehydration and Dust . To get rid of acne, your skin must be hydrated from the inside, so to prevent the pores form becoming blockeds. So, drink plenty of water and eat plenty of water-rich foods. You could also try drinking water mixed with sea salt and lemon .
The dust. Hygiene is very very important. Get yourself a natural soap and take a shower 1-2 times a day. You could also try using natural products with gentle exfoliation ingredients. Avoid using conditioner, because it leaves chemicals on your pores.
Here are some home treatments and masks you could use. They are easily prepared and don’t take a lot of time at all to do.
- Steaming your face .
Using the steam while acne treatment is very relaxing. A lot of professional body centres, use this kind of treatment. Now, you can try the same at home. Put pot of water on the stove to boil. Add essential oils and whole herbs to the pot of water the moment it starts to boil. Take the pot of boiling water and put it on the table. Be careful not to burn yourself on the edges of the pot. Position your face over the pot, and drape a towel over your head catching the cleaning steam vapours. Hold like that as long as you can. You can use this kind of treatment couple of times a week.
You could use Natural Mint, Chamomile, or Rose hips for your Treatment.
- Home made natural skin mask for acne
There are a lot expensive acne treatment masks on the market today. All of them are essentially made of products that are easy to find, such as: mint, honey, oatmeal, avocado and wheat germ. There are so many combinations and mixes you could do and try, without fear of doing anything wrong. Here are some suggestions:
- Smash one avocado, and mix it with one tea spoon honey, and crushed almonds. Mix the ingredients into a thick paste, and apply on your face. Let it dry on your face for fifteen minutes, and then gently scrub it off.
- Taking the advantage of fresh fruit, vegetables, and tea bags.
Here are some products, that are good for you to use in acne treatment every day:
- Apply the juice of a raw papaya ( with the skin and seed) on your acne.
- Mix lemon juice and rose water in equal amounts. Apply on the affected area and leave for thirty minutes, then wash off.
- Take a two or three tea bags and basil leaves. Mix them together in hot water , and water for ten minutes. Take a cotton balls and apply them in the water. Apply the cotton balls on your acne ,wait for a couple of minutes, and remove them .
- Take the advantage of garlic, essentially a great anti-septic. Rub a pounded garlic cloves and apply them on the affected area. Wait for fifteen minutes, and then wash off.
- Use blended orange peel and water, as a mask and apply on your face. Wait for fifteen minutes, and then wash off.
- Rub your face with fresh slices of vegetables, like potato, cucumber, or tomato. This is helpful for cleaning your face and fading of the acne.
Hope that this article was helpful for you.
Author: Silvija J.